Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

CATHOLICS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* CATHOLICS > Topics

Subject: Bibles view on women
Replies: 5 Views: 935

v0dka 1/31/2007 - 5:32:17
i was reading through the Bible and came by this passage SIRACH 42.14-15 A mans wickedness is better than a womans goodness; women bring shame and disgrace. I could say the same about some men. Why is it men are always glorified and women looked down upon? *

levafix 2/1/2007 - 5:11:00
I GUES ITS COS MEN VIEWED WOMEN TO BE LESS THAN WHAT MEN ARE...ALSO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT IT WAS MORE THAN 2OOO YRS AGO... *

levafix 2/1/2007 - 5:14:37
THE JEWISH MEN WOULD STONE A WOMAN WHO COMITED ADULTRY BUT NOT HER PARTNER,TODAY WE STIL HAVE MEN WHO EVEN SUPRESS THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN THE CHURCH... *

levafix 2/1/2007 - 5:17:45
THE CATHLIC CHURCH (NO OFFENCE!) DOES NOT ALLOW THE ORDINATION OF WOMEN...SEEMS THAT THE OLD JEWISH TRADITIONS NEVER LEFT... *

v0dka 2/8/2007 - 8:13:37
yeah it was over 2000 years ago and with the bible constantly being revised im sure there would have been other outdated ways of thinking omitted. perhaps this idea that women are less should be changed God made us all equal. *

ourlady 23.07.08 - 06:48am
As we study the bible we ought 2 study the signs of the times. The fact that the church doesnt condone the ordination of female priests doesnot mean she doesnt recognise the importance of women. Its nt jes the jewish law bt majority of our traditions do not uplift the value of a woman. Sirach eventho 2000yrs old applies 2 women and men of 2de. Jes recently in my town a man slay his girlfrnd bcoz she left hm, in anothr part of town a woman burnt her husband coz he waz cheatn.Am afraid i side wt sirach as women we hav surely earned our reputation. Its up 2 us 'christian' women and men 2 use GODs inspiration write straight thru the crooked lines. *

* CATHOLICS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* CATHOLICS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits